These past two weeks have been moving quickly, thankfully I do not have that many assignments due in November so I'm not extremely stressed. I feel like the past few classes in the Physics Curriculum course have been very useful. I really enjoyed working through the learning goals and success criteria for our lessons that we presented in September. Unfortunately, when I was on practicum I did not formally do any learning goals or success criteria. I had an idea of what they were, from the curriculum documents, but I did not share them with any of my students (since they were just an idea). My goal for my next practicum will be to actually make learning goals for most of the lessons and share them with the students. (As for your previous questions, I do get to teach a whole unit. My host teacher will have started the Biology unit with the grade 10 and I will be able to finish it. However, I not sure about the grade 12's as I seem to remember my host teacher telling me that she wants the grade 12 to start their culminating assignments before winter break.)
I enjoyed what Andre had to say about his experience with teacher and his input on the current jobs in Ontario. However, I did not find this too relevant for me as I am not planning on staying in Ontario to teach. My dream job would be to either teach in British Columbia, Alberta, or Northwest Territories. (Since, I love the north and west.) However, it was still good to hear in case my dream falls through or something else happens and I do decide to stay in Ontario.
The last thing that I found really usefully in week 10 was the astronomy section. I am sad to say that I have a lot of misconception when it comes to space (and even stuff that we had already talked about). So, it was really interesting to see what I can do with my students when I have to teach so I can clear up their misconceptions. I also really enjoyed learning/ understanding/ correcting my own misconceptions.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.