Sunday, 10 November 2013

In response to "Week 9&10"

Hi Sarah: It's good to hear that you don't feel overloaded with assignments this month. Maybe we're doing a better job of spreading assignments out through the year. I'm glad to hear that you found our discussion about learning goals and success criteria useful, and that you will try doing learning goals in your next practicum. I think you'll find this good for you and your students, and I'll be interested to hear how it goes. Your Associate Teacher can also give you feedback. The more we share our teaching with students, the more everyone benefits.

Regarding what you'll be teaching on your next prac: If you are able to find out this early, you can get a head start on preparing for it (and you'll have something useful to do on Nov 25, when we do unit planning).

Yes, I know that lots of you will not end up in Ontario, and a lot about what Andre had to say about jobs won't apply other places.

Astronomy: most people have misconceptions about astronomy, so you are not alone. I hope that quick look at astronomy helped a bit, and I have posted more resources on D2L. And I hope that if you teach astronomy, you will give your students similar surveys to see what their understanding is-- that will help you to address this misconceptions. I have this crazy idea that *everyone* should understand what causes the seasons and the phases of the Moon ...

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.