Friday, 1 November 2013

In response to Week 8

Sarah, it sounds like you had a pretty great experience for your last week of prac. Excellent that you got to teach physics that week. I wonder if you might get to do a whole unit in your next prac?

I really like what you did for those classes. The combination of a hands-on activity with videos and discussion sounds great. I think your students had some good experiences that week and probably learned a lot. Did you get an idea of their misconceptions around light? And I'd be interested to hear more about your activities and how they compare to what we did in class on Thursday. By the way, mirrors do not invert or reverse, though that's a common belief, e.g.

http://science.howstuffworks.com/question415.htm

I'll try to remember to talk about this on Monday.

Many candidates such as yourself have mixed feelings about coming back here. You're sad to leave the students behind, but at the same time it's good to have some time to think and discuss what happened on prac and get more ideas and knowledge for the next block. I hope your time back here will be useful. You'll certainly get some good ideas for grade 9/10 biology from Cathy Christie. In addition to the perimeter workshop, I also want to do more on grade 11/12 physics (and Tom can also carry on with this in Jan).

Glad you're excited about the next 5 weeks! have a great weekend.

Terry

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.