As there are only a few more weeks left in the January classes, I should reflect on the first three weeks of the term. This month has seem to be moving very quickly as there has always been work to do. Within the first day of classes, I knew that I was already behind, mostly because I did not do any work over my December practicum and Winter break (that was a mistake). Once I had finally caught up from the previous term, I did not have time to waste as I had assignments from this term needed to start. Despite all the homework that needs to be done, I am really enjoying my classes.
In my math curriculum class, we are learning how to engage students and make the boring and complicated topics fun, mostly with hands one activities. Within my Physics curriculum class, we also talk about ways of engaging students, and we have now seen three guest speakers. I really enjoy the guest speakers as they tell us their experience of teaching and what we can expect in the future years, in addition to different ways of engaging our classes.
I thing that I really enjoyed in Physics was the slowmation activity that we did. I can really see myself using this is the future. One reason why I like it is because it gives a reason for the students to use their phone/camera without trying to hide it, and I think that might be one of the things I think the students will really enjoy. My only fear with that is not all students may have phones/cameras, so this might single them out as a low income student. Similar my concern arises again with the editing on a computer, the school has computers that the students can use, however, not every one could edit their video at home if they want. This project would then become a school based assignment, meaning that I would have to give enough class time to work on the project. These are just a few thing that I have to consider while administering the assignment.
In addition, to my two curriculum classes, I am enjoying all my other courses. I feel like I am learning a lot and I am very excited to try and teaching some of the activities and practice some of the theories that I learned in my next practicum!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.