In these two weeks, we worked on electricity POE and observed/ presented our class lessons. The electricity POEs were fun as I remember when I played with circuits in my grade 9 or grade 10 class (I can't seem to remember which one it was). It was also a great refresher as I do not remember that much from my course I took in University last fall.
The main part of these two weeks were the presentation. I had a lot of fun watching these presentation. I thought everyone had great ideas and brilliant presentation. I was surprised at a few of the misconceptions as even I was unclear about parts of them. The down fall to all the presentation was that I was unable to see all of them. I wished I would had been able to see all the presentations because I like seeing the different ways people teach/ present (as if they say something cool, then I could "steal" it from them).
I feel like Kendra and my presentation went well. We did our presentation on physical properties with a focus on density. The thing I liked the most was the density tower. I liked it because if you got some liquids with significant difference in density then you can see the separation (without having to let it set for a day). I'm really hoping that I can use this (and hopefully some other) lessons in my practicum, as I feel like it is a good way to show students how fun physics (and science) can be!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.