Hi Sarah, and thanks for your post. I thought your comment about not remembering much about electricity from your university course revealing. That's the problem with most physics courses-- they aren't as effective as they should be in conceptual understanding and deep learning. I think an inquiry approach with peers is very important.
I'm glad you enjoyed doing and seeing the presentations-- I certainly enjoyed watching them, and was really impressed with the quality. Did doing and seeing them help with your own misconceptions? How did doing the presentation help with your confidence in teaching science? Yes, it would have been good if everyone had been able to see all the presentations; I thought hard about this, but had to balance that against the time we needed to cover other things. But I will be putting the lessons on D2L for everyone, so I hope that'll help a bit (but I know it's also important to see *how* people teach, and how students react, etc). I hope you get to use some of these lessons/ideas in your practicum teaching.
How's your practicum going so far? I know it's early days ...
Terry
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.