Sunday, 13 April 2014

Back into the groove

The final month is upon us. Unfortunately as my fellow classmates get ready to for a summer off and start looking for jobs for September, I'm getting ready to finish my final year at Waterloo. I'm looking forward to school, like always. I try and go into every school year with an open mind, and try not to judge or give up on the year right away. It will be weird going back to finish my undergraduate though, actually having to study for midterms and finals. (I haven't done that since Winter 2013... it's going to get hard to get back into the swing of things.) However, one of the main reasons why I am so happy to go back to Waterloo is because I'm not ready to finish studying. I'm not actually sure what I want to do. I know I want to be a teacher, but I'm not sure that is all I want to do. I know for a fact that I want more life experience before I teach, whatever that means. I definitely want to travel, but to travel I need a money, and to have money I need a job. The problem is I want to travel before I have a job... so I'm kinda stuck.

One thing I am considering is to do a Master in Education. I would probably do it at Nipissing, since that is where my parents live, and I can live with them for free. But even now I'm not sure if I want to do that any more. I have also considered going to college and getting my culinary arts diploma, but again, I'm not entirely sure I want to do that. As you can see I'm at a cross road in my life, so I'm extremely happy I can put it off for another year :)

As for school here at Queens, I am happy to be back on campus; however, it feels weird since I've been gone for 2 months. I'm busy here as I have assignments in every course, you can tell we are near the end. On the plus side, a few of my classes are presentations for the next few days, so at least I don't have to use too much brain power there.

As I mentioned in my last post, I wrote a blog while on my alternative practicum. I'm not sure if you got a chance to read any of it, but if you didn't there are a few post that I would like to share with you. The following thee links are to the posts. There are a comparison between the high school I was at in Iqaluit and the high schools you commonly see here in Ontario.

Difference in schools: IEPs
Difference in schools: Teachers Name
Difference in schools: Social Promotion and Midterms

I guess that is all I have to say right now. Time to get back to other homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.